O&G is sponsoring a Safety Poster Contest, asking kids to illustrate through posters the importance of safety. In celebration of O&G’s 100th year in business this year’s poster theme is “100 Years of Construction Safety.”
The Safety Poster Contest asks kids to take on an advocacy role and communicate the importance of safety. This year’s theme – “100 Years of Construction Safety” – emphasizes the importance of being aware of your surroundings and personal safety when near construction sites, which can be dangerous.
The contest is open to kids ages 5 to 18 of O&G employees, their extended families and friends – all eligible and encouraged to participate in the contest.
Prizes (awarded to each age division):
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $100
The winning designs will be featured on the O&G Industries website and other social media outlets, and they will be a centerpiece of Construction Safety Week, which begins May 1, 2023.
Official COntest Rules
1. POSTER ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BY O&G INDUSTRIES BEGINNING MARCH 1, 2023. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4:00 PM FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2023 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE CONTEST.
2. Entries must be delivered by mail or in person to: O&G Industries, 112 Wall Street, Torrington, CT 06790, ATTN: Eliza Baron
3. All kids ages 5-18 are eligible to enter. No purchase is required for entry.
4. O&G Industries will only accept ONE poster entry per kid. The entry must be a two-dimensional drawing or painting no larger than 24” x 36”. The minimum poster size is 8 ½” x 11” (letter size).
5. While parents/guardians are encouraged to discuss safety issues with their children in connection with the contest, all posters must be completed only by kids.
6. All entrants must provide, on the back of the poster, the following information: the artist’s name, address, age, and a parent/guardian contact phone number.
7. Artwork may consist of paints, markers, computer art, colored pencils, pens, and/or ink. Collages are also welcome. Keep in mind that their artwork may be reproduced by O&G Industries, so full-color artwork is preferred.
8. By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her poster by O&G Industries for promotional or any other purposes, and waives any copyright or ownership claims to the creative work, including any thoughts, ideas or expressions presented on the poster. O&G Industries reserves all rights to use the entries for all reasonable marketing or promotional purposes, in its sole discretion. All poster entries shall become the sole property of O&G Industries upon submission for the contest.
9. A four-judge panel shall consider all valid entries and select the winners in each age category. Judges will be looking for originality, creativity, artistic quality and messaging. The decision of the judges is final.
10. The winning entries in each age category (age 5-10, 11-13, and 14-18) will receive a cash prize of $500 (1st place), $250 (2nd place), or $100 (3rd place).
11. All winners will be notified by phone no later than April 14th, 2023 at the number provided by the entrant on the submitted poster.