The William B. Young Building, originally constructed in 1953, houses classrooms, studios, offices, and research spaces for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The 72,000-square-foot building had not been significantly upgraded since its construction.
O&G replaced dated infrastructure including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems. Floor tiles were removed and replaced, and the bathrooms were updated and made accessible. Floor layouts were reconfigured to improve flow within the department. UConn expanded the original project scope to include reroofing and building envelope repair.